Electrical Upgrades To Make in 2021
Electrical Upgrades To Make in 2021April 20, 2021
If you are planning to remodel your house, you probably already have a long checklist of things you are considering changing and others that simply suit your taste. How about you start with basic yet revolutionary upgrades?
These will help you improve your living space by adding an extra layer of comfort, security, and even save you money. Let’s take a look at the top electrical upgrades you should make in 2021.
Smart Home Upgrades
Modernize your home with the help of innovative smart upgrades. These will allow you to control lighting, temperature, and even the locks from your smartphone or tablet. Here are some must-have smart home upgrades:
- Smart Locks: Some of the smart locks can be opened remotely through an app or require an entry code. These add more convenience since you don’t have to worry about losing your keys and can give access to others in case you are not home.
- Smart Doorbell with Surveillance Cameras: You have probably heard of Ring. It is a great addition to your home’s security as the camera captures movement and records anyone on the front door without having to ring the bell.
- Smart Home Alarm System: These use wireless technology and home networks to integrate security. They are connected to your phone and give you the convenience of accessing it at any time.
- Motion Detector Security Lights: If your parking space is not well lit, this would be a great addition. These lights will only turn on when there is movement on your property, improving your visibility and safety. They will also save you money compared to having conventional lights.
- Smart Light Bulbs: These not only save you money on your electrical bill but help you set the ambiance in your home. Depending on the ones you get, you can choose to adjust brightness, change the color, and control them through voice command. Alexa has this function when paired with smart lights.
- Smart Outlets: Monitor your power usage from your phone. Advanced smart outlets let you schedule times to shut them off and on, and let you see what devices are requiring a lot of power. Simply updating your outlets, even if they are not smart, should be on your list to avoid electrical fires and reduce your power consumption.
- Smart Thermostat: Another invention that gives you convenience. These allow you to regulate the temperature in your home from your phone or through voice commands. Depending on the model, it can also learn your schedule and regulate the temperature itself while saving more energy.
Whole house generators always come in handy, especially in Florida. Severe hurricanes and thunderstorms often lead to power outages or electrical surges that could extensively damage your electrical system.
Having a generator will keep your home powered up and protect your appliances. Depending on the brand, they add convenience as they turn on automatically once the power is out.
Moreover, these come in a wide variety of sizes and power capacity to best suit your and your home’s power needs.
Work with A Local Electrician
There are many concerns associated with DIY electrical work. We cover the main reasons on your blog “Why you should always hire a professional electrician.” Therefore, we always recommend working with certified electricians to ensure the job is done correctly.
Ready to revamp your home? Schedule an appointment today or contact us to discuss your upcoming electrical project.