Residential & Commercial Lighting Guide
March 14, 2019
When it comes to lighting for your home or place of business, everything is not as simple as it seems. While your place may come with built-in lighting installed, and you have the option for adding lamps or other lighting fixtures, there are many ways you can customize the lighting through specialty installations.
Not every type of lighting is a do-it-yourself project, though. With the help of a licensed electrician, you can get various types of lighting installed in your home or office. There are a lot of options out there, and here, we’ve broken down some of the most popular lighting types and can always discuss which is best for your home or business.
Whether you need lighting installation in your whole home or need a specialty job to re-light a specific area, there are a variety of ways that lighting can be utilized in your home. Sometimes, new lighting can have more of an impact than new furniture or redecorating your space.
- Switch Regular Lighting to LED Lighting – By using LED Lighting in the home, you can save energy and money. We can help make the switch in your home from regular lighting to LED bulbs.
- Security Lighting – Installing security lighting can help prevent burglary, property damage, injury, and more. Exterior lights and motion activated security lights can be installed to give you and your family peace of mind.
- Landscape Lighting & Holiday Lighting – Outdoor landscape lighting can highlight your home’s architectural features or draw attention to your lawn’s nicest planting and trees. We can also assist with holiday-themed outdoor lighting around the season.
- Recessed Lighting & Tape Lighting – Recessed lights are an aesthetically pleasing solution that can be used to illuminate an entire room, accent chosen features, highlight texture services, and more. Tape lighting can also be used for under stairs, railings, under cabinets, pathways and more.
- Chandelier & Pendant Lighting – Chandeliers & pendants are a great way to transform a space and create and inviting atmosphere through decorative lighting. Chandeliers typically house multiple light sources, arranged in a branch-like system, while pendants typically suspend a single light source or cluster of lights from a single cord or chain.
- Flexible Track Lighting – Flexible track lighting can be utilized in the home to draw attention to important works of art and fascinating structural elements in a space.
Specialty lighting can make all the difference in your office space or store. Utilize all your options for lighting in your place of business to make your space more appealing and comfortable for customers and employees alike.
- High and Low Bay Lighting – These high lumen output lights are designed to provide well-distributed uniform light in open area. High bays are lights typically used in open, high-ceiling areas; while low bays are often used with lower ceilings in open areas.
- Recessed Can Lighting – Recessed can lights are housed in cylindrical, metal, “can-like” structures in the ceiling, and can be used where there isn’t room for a hanging fixture, or where highlighting or spotlighting room features is desired.
- Exit Lighting and Security Lighting – Any public space needs security lighting in order to be truly safe. Get LED exit signs installed to help your employees and customers properly identify exits, as well as outdoor security lighting for an added level of safety.
- Emergency and Backup Lighting – You can keep your business up and running in the event of an outage with emergency backup lighting.
- Showcase Lighting – For industries that need to showcase and display their products, there are a variety of lighting options to create a unique shopping experience and stimulate buying behavior for your customers.
- Outside & Area Lighting – When you have customers and employees coming and going from your place of business after it gets dark outside, outside and area lighting is imperative for both safety and ambiance.
- Lighting Retrofits & Improvements – Most commercial spaces can benefit from lighting retrofits, which converts older, outdated lighting technology to newer, more efficient technology. Save yourself money on your energy bill in the long run with these updates and changes.
- Lighting Sensors – Motion lighting sensors can add safety, security, and convenience to your place of business, as well as save you money on your energy bill.
- Warehouse Lighting – the right industrial lighting in warehouse space is important to the functionality of the space, with a variety of options, we can find the right warehouse lighting for you.
Work with a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Southwest Florida
Are you ready to get started on the latest lighting project in your home or business? Empowered Global is a licensed electrical contractor that services clients in Naples, Bonita Springs, and Estero. Our technicians specialize in these various forms of lighting and are dedicated to making sure your electrical job is done correctly, on time, and up to code. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!