Florida is well known for its hurricane season and its severe thunderstorms. These often lead to blackouts that leave home and business owners struggling to maintain normalcy. Here is when investing in a whole house generator comes in handy.
Whole house generators are the perfect way to stay powered up during a power outage. Depending on the brand they can last for decades and provide you the convenience you need. However, a lack of proper installation may lead to short circuits, low efficiency, and waste of money.
At Empowered Global, we follow the highest standards to ensure a safe and secure installation. As a Titanium Kohler certified dealer, our electricians are trained to best install the generator that is right for you.
Things to Consider When Buying A Whole House Generator
Wondering why your home needs a whole house generator? Here are some things you should consider when deciding whether to buy one:
- Standby generators turn on automatically when the power is out, saving you the trouble of looking for flashlights or lamps.
- Having a standby generator increased your property value and prevents food spoilage and other losses from power surges.
- Most of the newer models are neighborhood-friendly so you won’t have to worry about them being too loud.
- The sustainable materials used to craft whole house generators offer sustainability and durability against weather conditions, adding to its lifetime.
- Unlike portable generators, whole house generators can manage larger loads, including your A/C and large appliances. It depends on their size and power. Some of them can back up your entire home.
- They are fuel-efficient. Typically running on propane or natural gas.
- Generators can last up to a couple of decades, depending on how often it is used and if it receives proper maintenance.
- Standby generators also make a property more attractive to tenants as they don’t have to worry about power outages.
- Standby generators are optimal for business owners too especially those in the food industry as they will keep the food from spoiling.
Why Choose A Kohler Whole House Generator
three different types of Kohler standby generators
There are many benefits of buying a standby generator from a well-established brand. Here we briefly discuss why many homeowners trust Kohler generators.
Kohler has been building generators since 1920. They have been powering homes for the last 100 years with their engines and generators. They have over 10,000 dealers worldwide to prove their success.
Their generators go through hundreds of quality tests to sure optimal performance. Even after they pass the inspection, they are tested once again before they leave the factory.
Kohler generators automatically power your home within 10 seconds of a power outage. It automatically powers your AC, heater, and major appliances all at the same time. They also protect your appliances from power surges.
Kohler generators are built to last. The materials used for the enclosure prevent corrosion and are proven to hold against severe weather conditions. They are heavy-duty engines that can withstand extreme workloads over long periods. They are built to last longer than power outages.
Unlike many other brands, you can monitor your Kohler whole house generator on your phone or tablet with the OnCue Plus Generator Management System App. This app can be used at no cost and allows you to get real-time updates. Moreover, you can also get updates through text or emails.
Installing Your Generator
There are many steps involved in generator installations. These are:
Step 1: Choosing a location
Experts go to your home and help you pick a location that best fits your generator. The location needs to meet certain guidelines:
- An area that will not flood and is well-drained.
- There is enough space for the technicians to move around the generator and provide maintenance when needed.
- The location is compliant with community restrictions.
Overall, the closer your generator is to the electric meter and the natural gas line, the more you will end up saving on installation costs.
Step 2: Installation
After the location is confirmed, the site needs ot be prepared with either a gravel or a concrete foundation, then the generator is placed on top.
Step 3: Connecting the Electrical and Fuel Components
During this step, the fuel line is connected, and the transfer switch is installed by the main breaker box. This will be the transfer switch that will allow for the automatic switch when there is a power outage.
Step4: Test Run
After all of the above is completed, then the technicians run a test to make sure the generator respondents properly to a power outage simulated by them. They also schedule test periodically to make sure it is working properly.
Performing Regular Maintenance
We highly recommend including a maintenance plan when you purchase your generator. It can not only prolong the life of your generator but also help keep it running at optimal power. Here are some of the reasons generators need maintenance regularly:
- Oil and filter need to be changed. Similar to a car, generators need their oil change to keep the engine running smoothly.
- Air and fuel filters need to be replaced. These keep dirt from clogging your engine.
- Spark plugs need to be replaced. They get worn out after frequent use and can create sparks and malfunctions if not changed.
Why Choose Empowered Global To Install Your Whole House Generator
Agnoli Generator 2
Kohler Certified Dealer
When it comes to installing a generator inside your house, you need the help of qualified electricians to ensure it is placed and installed in the right place. In turn, you can lower the chances of malfunctions or electrical accidents a power outage or a power surge is occurring.
Empowered Global is the first Titanium Certified Kohler Dealer in Bonita Springs, FL. This is the highest-ranking award to Kohler dealers after showing excellence in all aspects of the generator purchase and installation.
This means our experts are well equipped and trained to size, install, and provide maintenance to Kohler generators while still providing outstanding customer service.
Certified and Reliable Team
As an electrical contracting company, our professional electricians boast the certifications and qualifications necessary to ensure optimal electrical installation.
We use state-of-the-art tech, to ensure accurate generator sizing and installation. Moreover, we offer periodic maintenance and warranty services that ensure your generator is always running optimally!
Empowered Global Inc. is a locally owned electrical contractor that specializes in whole house generator installations and residential electrical work. We service Estero, Bonita Springs, and Naples.
Are you ready to install your whole house generator? Contact us today to get started or schedule an appointment. We will ensure to cover do discuss property evaluations alongside proper installation and follow-up maintenance!